They say it takes awhile to get established in this business, but I'm very happy with how things are going so far. I now have two listings, about a half a dozen leads I'm cultivating, and I got the first lead from my website today. Before Christmas, I went around handing out green and red M & M's in plastic containers that had my business card on them, and I couldn't believe how much fun I had. The M & M's had custom printing on the side opposite the "M". Some had "Merry Christmas," which I realized later was culturally insensitive, and I hope those who weren't Christian were willing to forgive me; after all, I gave them candy, and that counts for something, right? The others said "Gina Tollini" and "RE/MAX". I filled the containers too full and have several left over, so I can visit some other neighborhoods in the Spring, though this time they will be regular M & M's.
Later the same day I passed them out, I saw someone in the grocery store looking at me. After a few seconds he came over and said, "Hey, thanks for the candy. I already have a real estate agent, though." It was fun to smile at him and say, "That's OK. I just wanted to get my name out there, and if I get one client from it I'll be happy. Mostly, I just thought it was fun and fitting for the season." When he realized I meant it, he smiled back and said, "Really? That's kind of cool. Still sticking with my agent, though." What could I say? I liked his loyalty, and I'm not sure why he thought I wouldn't.
I'm going to do some more training this month and finalize the method I'll use to keep up with everything, because my hope is by summer I'll be too busy to keep it all in my head. They say perseverance is key. Kind of like blogging, and everything else, too.
Best wishes for a wonderful new year to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment